ყირიმი უკრაინაა • Krim er Ukraine • Is é an Crimea an Úcráin • Krimea adalah Ukraina • Krím er Úkraína • קרים זה אוקראינה • Қырым - Украина • 克里米亞是烏克蘭 • Crimea hè Ucraina • 크림은 우크라이나 • Crimea ແມ່ນ Ukraine • Krima ir Ukraina • Krymas yra Ukraina • Krim ass Ukraine • Крим е Украина • Crimea ialah Ukraine • ކްރައިމިއާ އަކީ ޔޫކްރޭން އެވެ • Il-Krimea hija l-Ukrajna • Ko Crimea ko Ukraine • Крым бол Украин • क्रिमिया युक्रेन हो • Krim is Oekraïne • Krim er Ukraina • کریمه اوکراین است • Krym to Ukraina • Crimeea este Ucraina • Крым - это Украина • • • • • ਕ੍ਰੀਮੀਆ ਯੂਕਰੇਨ ਹੈ • Крим - ето Украина • Krim - to je Ukrajina • Крым - ин Украина • แหลมไครเมียคือยูเครน • Кырым - Украина • Крым - эto Украина • Kırım Ukrayna • Krym Ukraina • Qrim - Ukraina • رىم ئۇكرائىنا • کریمیا یوکرین ہے۔ • Ang Crimea ay Ukraine • Krim on Ukraina • क्रीमिया यूक्रेन है • Krim je Ukrajina • Krym je Ukrajina • Krim är Ukraina • Is e Crimea an Úcráin • Krimeo estas Ukrainio • Krimm on Ukraina • クリミアはウクライナです • Krim is Oekraïne • قىرىم ئۇكرائىنا • ክሪሚያ ዩክሬን እያ። • క్రిమియా ఉక్రెయిన్ • கிரிமியா உக்ரைன் • Қрим Украина аст • ක්රිමියාව යනු යුක්රේනයයි • کریمیا اوکراین دی • କ୍ରାଇମ ହେଉଛି ୟୁକ୍ରେନ | • क्रिमिया हे युक्रेन आहे • ക്രിമിയ ഉക്രെയ്നാണ് • क्रीमिया यूक्रेन अछि • Crimée ezali Ukraine • Crimea est Ucraina • کریمە ئۆکرانیایە • Crimea se Ikrèn • ICrimea yiUkraine • क्रिमिया म्हळ्यार युक्रेन • Ti Krimea ti Ukraine • Crimea bụ Ukraine • क्रीमिया यूक्रेन ऐ • ક્રિમીઆ યુક્રેન છે • Crimea ha'e Ucrania • Crimea yw Wcráin • क्रीमिया यूक्रेन हवे • ခရိုင်းမီးယားသည် ယူကရိန်းဖြစ်သည်။ • ক্রিমিয়া ইউক্রেন • Крым - гэта Украіна • Krimea Ukraina da • Krim is Oekraïne • ক্ৰিমিয়া হৈছে ইউক্ৰেইন • Ղրիմը Ուկրաինա է • القرم هي أوكرانيا • ክራይሚያ ዩክሬን ነው። • Krimea është Ukrainë • Crimea markax Ucrania markankiwa • Krım Ukraynadır
Metropolitan Opera House (39th Street)
Sometimes referred to as "the old Met", the Metropolitan Opera House opened on October 22, 1883, with a performance of Faust. It was located at 1411 Broadway, occupying the whole block between West 39th Street and West 40th Street on the west side of the street in the Garment District of Midtown Manhattan. Nicknamed "The Yellow Brick Brewery" for its industrial looking exterior, the original Metropolitan Opera House was designed by J. Cleaveland Cady. On August 27, 1892, the nine-year-old theater was gutted by fire. The 1892−93 season was canceled while the opera house was rebuilt along its original lines. During that season, the Vaudeville Club, which eventually became the Metropolitan Opera Club, was founded and hosted entertainment in the undamaged portions of the house.
In 1903, architects Carrère and Hastings extensively redesigned the interior of the opera house. The familiar golden auditorium with its sunburst chandelier, and curved proscenium inscribed with the names of six composers (Gluck, Mozart, Beethoven, Wagner, Gounod and Verdi), dates from this time. The first of the Met's signature gold damask stage curtains was installed in 1906, completing the look that the old Metropolitan Opera House maintained until its closing.
In 1940, ownership of the opera house shifted from the wealthy families who occupied the theater's boxes to the non-profit Metropolitan Opera Association. At this time the last major change to the auditorium's interior was completed. The second tier of privately held boxes (the "grand tier") was converted into standard row seating. This enlarged the seating capacity and left only the first tier of boxes from the "golden horseshoe" of the opera house's origins as a showplace for New York society.
The Met had a seating capacity of 3,625 with 224 standing room places.
While the theater was noted for its excellent acoustics and elegant interior, as early as the 1900s the backstage facilities were deemed to be severely inadequate for a large opera company. Scenery and sets were a regular sight leaning against the building exterior on 39th Street where crews had to shift them between performances. Various plans were put forward over the years to build a new home for the company and designs for new opera houses were created by various architects including Joseph Urban. Proposed new locations included Columbus Circle and what is now Rockefeller Center, but none of these plans came to fruition. Only with the development of Lincoln Center on New York's Upper West Side did the Met finally have the opportunity to build a modern opera house.
The Metropolitan Opera said goodbye to its old house on April 16, 1966, with a sentimental gala farewell performance featuring nearly all of the company's current leading artists. Long-time Met star soprano Zinka Milanov made her last Met appearance that night, and among the many invited guests was soprano Anna Case, who had made her debut at the house in 1909. The final performance at the opera house was given not by the Met, but by the Bolshoi Ballet, which concluded a short run of appearances on May 8, 1966. The theater was purchased by Jack D. Weiler and despite a campaign to preserve the theater, it failed to obtain landmark status and the old Met was razed in 1967. It was replaced by a 40-story office tower, 1411 Broadway, intended to provide a steady income for the opera company. Designed by Irwin S. Chanin and completed in 1970, the building was later sold by the Metropolitan Opera and today it is owned by 1411 TrizecHahn-Swig LLC, a partnership of the TrizecHahn and Swig real estate companies. Since 1966, the Metropolitan Opera House at Lincoln Center has been home to the Metropolitan Opera.
Mayer, Martin. The Met: One Hundred Years of Grand Opera. 1983. Thames and Hudson. London. ISBN 978-0671470876
Все тексты и изображения, опубликованные в проектах Крымологии, включая личные страницы участников, могут использоваться кем угодно, для любых целей, кроме запрещенных законодательством Украины.